My August Books

 



August is another crazy month that marked the coming back of coronavirus in Vietnam, and therefore I could not travel. 

The month started with me wandering around bookstores in District 1 hunting one sunny day. I purposely looked for The Gift Of Imperfection by Brene Brown and ended up getting two more. From my previous visits to this particular bookstore, I remembered the aisle where they put this book, I did not want to buy it then. Ironically, when I decided to look for it, finally, I could not. It took me thirty minutes going around like a maniac only to find it moved to the bottom lever of the same aisle. Mission accomplished.

I love all three of these, each brought me awes and joys and aha moments, like Mrs. O famously says. 

Kitty Flanagan is an Australian comedian, writer, and actor. She is unapologetic, funny, and extremely smart. For all these 488 rules, she covers from life around the house to office, from public behaviors to romantic relationships. "Do as I say, not as I do" is what she mentioned multiple times in the book. 

The Thankless Art Of Being Correct

Highlight: Found this perfect bookmark in Phuong Nam Bookstore

Brain Rules was written by Dr. John Medina, a developmental molecular biologist. Yes, I am also wondering what the heck does that mean. "Medina has a lifelong fascination with how the mind reacts to and organizes information" as states in his website Brainrule.net. The best thing about this book is Medina explains how our brains operate under circumstances and how we could utilize that understanding to improve many aspects of life in the most user-friendly terms. It is him applying the brain rules into this book to get us through a journey of understanding our most important part of our body. Some would say it is our heart, but I would leave that argument for another post if I am ever in the mood. My blog, my rule.


Some see me reading this much jumped to a very cute conclusion that I do skim reading. Well, to that I'd say they just couldn't do what I did therefore they couldn't imagine in their little brains how on earth others might be able to do so. I am wearing my mean hat, pardon me. 

27/40 of this year's target done.

Love, unapologetically. 💗

Thao, The Fake Skim Readers 💀

🅣


Comments

Most Viewed Notes