Others' problems



I used to have a manager who has his own way of seeing things.

I would come to him every once in a while with an issue, a challenge, a problem that I was facing, looking for understanding and support from my superior. 

His reaction, most of the time, would be like others around you also have their own problems, some even worse than yours, so stop whining and suck it up.

I would look down, withdrawn, and feel bad about bringing those things up in the first place. He sounded right, mine are not the worst, who am I to complain.

But since what he said to me didn't help to solve my issues, nor make me look at him as a great boss, I started to notice the fact that others having worse troubles does not make mine any less real or true, not any less valid. 

Therefore I made my own decision.

T.

Comments

Most Viewed Notes