SHITTY FIRST DRAFT

Note from a burn surgeon friend

Why is it when I walk and do the dishes and cooking and listening to podcasts or reading, I came up with many good ideas to blog. And when I sit down to actually write something, I stare for a good fifteen minutes at the screen in blank don't know what to type.

I tried to combat that by taking notes of my ideas, but then another dilemma got in the way. When I wanted to write, those ideas that I jotted down don't sound that appealing anymore. Then I'd keep thinking, and staring, and every once in a while, giving up.

Some call it writer's block, I am not that of a writer, more of a type-when-I-thinker. That seems to work, I decided to just type what's in my mind right at the moment, honest and raw. Brene Brown called it SFD shitty first draft, I like that name, it sticks.

Other times, I just jump on Canva and make some nice designs, I call those quickies. Quickies can and do have their own sexual meaning, so don't google it if you are not ready for it. 

Comments

Most Viewed Notes