A very impulsive banana cake - Một cái bánh chuối bốc đồng

What can you make out of some very ripped bananas, a leftover whipped cream container with only a little bit left inside, about ten minutes in hand to spare and a busy mind after a long day?

A very impulsive banana cake.

Baking and cooking is a form of therapy to me, especially after an intense workday. I got to shift my focus to something else, delicious and smell good.

I have also come to a level to proficiency in baking where I could just throw in all available ingredients that I have and the result would come out nicely. I don't really need to stress out for the recipe and exact science of measurement.

This is what happened in my kitchen.

Mixing

  • 5 - 7 ripped bananas, peeled and cut into slices (about 0.5 cm thick)
  • Lightly mashed them in a bowl with a folk
  • Whacked in some sugar, up to your taste, mine is just a little
  • All the whipped cream I had left
  • About table spoons of flour, half the amount of corn starch (not sure why I put this in, just did)  (always keep this in stock), through a sip
  • A few drops of vanilla extract, which was also all I had left
  • A tiny pinch of cinnamon powder (always keep this in stock)
  • Mixed everything well in the bowl
Baking
  • Buttered the mold lightly 
  • Poured the mixture in, it should not be too runny
  • Asked Tom if he'd want some chocolate chips on top, he said yes
  • Baked for 35 minutes at 200oC




Let cool and kept in the fridge.



Tada! My lunch today. Very soft and moist and yummy.


Food makes me happy.

Thao

Comments

Most Viewed Notes