Valentine's Day

I thought of ignoring this day because currently, my romantic life is next to zero even though I do have a crush, but that doesn't count, of course. My crush will remain as is for another trillion years or until I have a new crush, or actually date someone. And since it's a crush, and more importantly, a secret crush, not a secret anymore since I'm typing this out to the world, there would be no action taken except for stalking the crush online for a minute or two and then moving on with my life. 

I guess the fact that my mind is still holding its strong stand over my heart, meaning my action is still rational and under control, that I have not done anything stupid so far like telling my crush that I have a crush on him, my life is on a fabulous track. As for Valentine's Day, I expect my Facebook feed to be full of people posting about how happy they are with the love of their lives, flowers, chocolates, gifts, romantic meals, and flying hearts all over... I told myself to feel glad for them, not to be bitter, not to feel sorry for myself. Surprisingly I am not. I have been more open last year about being single, after four years, meaning actually opened up and told people that I was no longer in a marriage. It was hard to accept that myself, let alone telling people. Ironically, only after leaving marriage life, I realized how uneducated I was walking into it twelve years ago. My brain was just a rookie then, and my heart was totally in charge despite the fact that it was not necessarily more educated than my junior grey matters bundle. 

Anyway, this post is just to mark the day, I have no moral life story to tell nor a personal love story to confess. I will treat myself with a nice glass or better, a bottle of red wine when the night falls with My heart will go on flinging in the air and dimmed light above my couch. It will be just another ordinary Sunday night.

T. 

Comments

Most Viewed Notes