My Week

A yummy bowl of Phở I ate this week

It has been quite a fun week to my standard, and by fun I mean lots of time reading, learning, cooking and hanging out with my kid. I was telling my kid that I am being paid to learn, to be a better person so I can serve a greater cause, and that my dream I am living. As for him, he - in this case me - has to pay in order for him to learning something at school. That's not quite my ideal kind of thing.

I started the #10 book last Sunday, finished it on Thursday, and then start a new one - #11 - on Friday, a 553-page book about mental health, which I am so curious to learn more about. 

The highlight of my week was the five books that my dear hometown friend bought me from the US and she'll bring them to me on her next trip home. A signed book by Adam Grant? With that, I'd also say I am living my dream.


I found that using nature sounds as reading background music is a breakthrough. It adds up to my reading rituals, together with bookmarks, and notes, and stickers, and fishes - OK, maybe not the fishes but they may not agree with me here. I feed them every morning before I read, and every time I sit down at my reading corner, they always move to one side of the tank closer to me and act like I have starved them for days.

One thing interesting I learned this week is Emotional Agility, by Susan David. Gotta add this book into my wishlist.

🅣

Comments

Most Viewed Notes