A Hair Crisis



There is a hair crisis in my household now. 

It's been going on for about two months more or less. My pre-teen son had decided that he does not advocate hair-cut, at least for now. He has never been big about having his hair trim. When he was little, as little as having to do everything his biological parents told him to do, still he refused to cooperate when it comes to having his hair trimmed at the barbershop. I had to have a baby hair trimmer in-house and did the job myself, no drama. There was an incident where I ended up trimming half of his head disgustingly and he thought it was a good idea to run off. The next day he showed up at school looking like he was living in an orphanage where there were too many children people didn't even have enough time to finish his grooming.

Back to 2021, we had an agreement, or more of me imposing on him, that whenever the hair above his ears touches the ears, it's time to visit the barbershop. It's been going well like that for years, then hormone happens, I guess. I don't know what else to blame but hormone. He has very thick hair, some weirdly curly, and now scratches his head all the time. He does not like using the comb, just his magic five fingers seem to be enough to style up before school every day. Whenever I attempt to comb his hair and put everything into a neat order, he would mess it up in a blink of an eye. So I am totally hopeless. His arguments are the barbers never understand or even try to understand how he wants his hair to be like, and they always disappoint him, every single time. Those barbers always make his hair end up either too short, too thin or too something whatever he comes up with.

His shower time is quite close to his bedtime and we don't have a blow dryer in the house, and he dries his hair using the towel only in a flash manner which has no drying effect at all, all that lead to him going to bed with wet damn hair. The next morning, all the hair would puff up looking funny and he would complain about it and make a frown face trying to pat his hair down in front of the bathroom mirror. 

I let my pride get in the way and declared that FINE, I will never ever ask you to have a haircut again, unless you beg me to, like really begging me. I said things like it's your hair, you decide, I will never mention it ever again. 

I even offered rewards to his friends and his aunt, that if anyone can make him have a haircut, they would get something very very nice from me. At least I feel like I am trying.

Now every day, I painfully look at the thick long hair on top of his head almost fully covers his whole ears, roll my eyes, and quietly move on with my life.

🅣

Comments

Most Viewed Notes